The Teggeman House was formerly known as ‘the old Andeson-Teggeman house’ built on land owned by Louis Anderson between 1890 and 1895. Records indicate that the house was owned by Eric and Freida (Teggeman) Anderson. The house was located in Frame Switch, TX next to the train tracks that ran the International and Great Northern train through east Texas along the current Highway 79. Remodeled several times and eventually sold in the 1980’s, it was moved ‘accross the field’ to its current location in only a couple of hours. The new owners painstakingly remodeled the downstairs and added an upstairs in the attic, purchasing many period-correct items from auction houses and antique stores.
The land the Teggeman House rests on was the site of a school house and later a dairy farm owned by the Krugers. In addition the the Victorian there is an old farm house complete with a root cellar and out house. The dairy barn still has the old milking stations and a ramp!